Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hello All welcome to Uncle Dave's Books Blog!

     Well it seems that everyone now a days has a blog so I thought i better join the masses and do the same.
So who is Uncle Dave anyway? Well my name is David M. Howard and I am an author and illustrator. Uncle Dave's Books Donates to S.I.D.S. research too. I started writing poems when I was like 10 years old. I had poems and short stories. I wrote a children's poem in high school but i never illustrated it. The book bug didn't bite me until my niece Ashley was pregnant and was going to have a baby shower. I had a little idea for a book and I wanted to make a personalized book for my niece. I made "Lady's Day to Play' it was a bout a day in the life of a dog named Lady. Her baby Aubrey unfortunately died of S.I.D.S. (sudden infant death syndrome) just a couple days short of turning two months old. I was devastated and wanted to do something. Everyone seemed to like the book and i found Ricki Escalante on facebook and she runs C.J. and Julie strides events. C.J. and Julie so i thought i would donate $1 for every book sold to her charity.

   I have been to Wayesburg, Monongahela, and Carmichaels library's and i have been to maylan park elementary school in Morgantown. I love reading to the kids and every time i do it is a new adventure. I currently have 4 books "Lady's Day To Play", "Mouse In The House", "Baby Ben Did It Again", and "Sandy Claus The Christmas Cat"

I will try to update this blog from time to time. If you have any questions or comments please post them.
Uncle Dave's Books Uncle Dave's Fanpage Uncle Dave's YouTube

Also i will be going to Wayneburg library on march 23 at 5pm
I will have books on hand to sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment