Friday, January 6, 2012

Uncle Dave's Q and A

Recently I have been asked a lot of questions about how to write children's book. So I will be answering these questions and if you have any you can post them in the comments  or email me uncledavesbooks@yahoo.com

Q)     How do you come up with the ideas for your books?

A)     Sometimes they just come to me. Inspiration strikes! But the majority of my ideas are always close to home. You write what you know I always say. The things I write about are inspired by my family, my pets, or just my experiences in life. If you are a writer you should always write what you know. I know this sounds simple but don't write about the civil war if your not a history major! Also keep your mind open and a pen and paper handy at ALL TIMES! These things have a way of waking you up at night.

Q)    How do you make your illustrations?

A)    Sometimes I use color pencils and scan them into Photoshop and I use a WACOM BAMBOO pen tool. This pen is actually a mouse that knows your pen pressure. I LOVE IT!! and no I do not get paid to say that.... I wish I did. I use Photoshop smudge and burn and dodge tools to push around the colors like watercolor and finger painting... I am a big kid after all.

Q)    What schools did you go to?

A)    I have an AS degree in visual communications from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh and I went to California University of Pennsylvania for my art ed degree but did not get it.

More questions and answers to COME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment